Sunday, October 24, 2010

Advantages of having a Classroom Website!

One of the biggest challenges to incorporating technology in the classroom is finding the time to learn the technology and then understanding how to effectively interweave it with the content of the curriculum.  I recently finished creating my own classroom website! I can't wait to accept a job one day soon, update the details of my site and give the link to the parents and students in my classroom. The site will serve as a guide to other valuable links and resources. Using the google calendar and message board will be a great way to keep my parents and students 'in the know' about classroom events and school events. I can also add study guides for upcoming quizzes or tests for students and parents to view. I will be able to create self-directed student activities for the students. Most of all, it can be a great communication tool for teacher/parent/student and promote parent/guardian involvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment