Sunday, October 10, 2010

Technology in the Classroom

For the last several weeks, I have been in a 5th grade Social Studies classroom twice a week observing and teaching lessons to 5th grade students. I have really been impressed with the amount of technology is available for the students and the classroom teacher. This classroom has the ideal setup with a computer for every student available at anytime. It has been enjoyable to design lessons in which I can use technology as a part of my lesson. The students can then login to their computer after I finish my instruction for the lesson and use their computer for the guided practice/independent practice part of my lesson. During one of my lessons on interpreting climographs, the students were able to pull up examples of climographs on an area of their choice and interpret the information provided. Because the students had computers at their desk, they were also free to create a climograph using an excel spreadsheet. After being spoiled in this classroom, hopefully I can obtain a teaching position that has this kind of access to technology in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment